UPDATED 11/3/2020 – 11:00AM
The last several months have been difficult for all of us. We wish all of our greater Ignite family our best now and in the future as we move through these unprecedented times. Ignite is dedicated to minimizing the risk of the virus when playing the game we all love.
In order to have your athlete back on the court, the following waiver is required. It is the same one used by most of the clubs here in Arizona – given to us through the JVA. If you’ve signed up via any of our registration forms, the same waiver is used – so you won’t need to refill this one out.
Facility and Staff Mitigation Procedures
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact, including individuals without disease symptoms. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited or limited the congregation of groups of people.
The health and well-being of our staff, athletes and their families remains our top priority. In order to minimize the risk of COVID-19 entering our environment and spreading amongst our community, we will only allow staff assigned to work and athletes scheduled to participate to be in our gym at this time. Parents are allowed to enter our building and watch from our lobby while maintaining social distancing guidelines and wearing masks over mouth and nose.
Ignite has put in place numerous preventative measures and enhanced cleaning protocols to reduce the likelihood of spreading COVID-19 in the gym environment; however, we cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending sponsored activities at Ignite could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
Here are some of our mitigation protocols for getting back in the gym:
- We have based on sanitation protocols based on several webinars, articles and discussions with representatives from Johns Hopkins, CDC, Doctors/Epidemiologists, JVA, large facility owners in our industry, as well as many others.
- Parents, guardians, and non-staff will NOT be allowed inside the gym at this time. However, masks MUST be worn over mouth and nose if entering to drop off your child. No exceptions!
- Bathrooms will be sanitized frequently.
- Various locations throughout the facility (door handles, doors, etc) will be sanitized frequently.
- No bleachers will be available, if staying to watch in our lobby, please bring your own chair.
- No water fountains will be available. Each athlete should bring enough water to last a full 2 hour practice, clinic, etc.
PRIOR TO ENTERING THE GYM
- Signed COVID-19 Waivers will be required to participate in any activity. You may digitally sign the waiver here: IGNITE COVID-19 WAIVER.
- Please ensure social distancing while waiting to enter.
- Everyone must perform a daily self-check for the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 & other illness BEFORE arriving at the gym. NO ONE will be allowed in the gym if they have any symptoms or have been in contact with a known infected individual.
- Staff/Coaches/Volunteers will undergo safety training prior to engaging with athletes
- Athletes will undergo safety training
- Temperature checks will be performed by our staff. Please do not bring your child to practice, clinic, lesson or a tournament if they have a fever and afterwards for up to 24 hours.
- Wash hands and arms (up to elbow) for 20 seconds before entering the gym and anytime you use the bathroom.
- Athletes must enter gym with training gear already on (training gear must be washed prior to each practice)
- Attendance will be taken to help with contact tracing should it be needed.
INSIDE THE GYM
- Maintain social distancing when possible
- Masks must be worn by Coaches/Staff/Volunteers at ALL TIMES
- Masks must be worn by athletes when possible. We realize wearing a mask during play is difficult – we ask that athletes wear them during downtime
- Hand sanitizer will be provided, however, we encourage athletes/coaches/staff to also bring their own and keep it in their backpacks and use it frequently during practice
- Backpacks will have a designated location within the gym with appropriate spacing
- Volleyballs, carts and training equipment will be sanitized regularly
- Athletes and coaches should minimize contact with other teams to help with contact tracing
- Balls that roll onto another court should be gently pushed to the back wall with a foot – no need to pick up the ball and send it back.