We have a new Academy program at North Phoenix Prep. We've partnered with AZ Spikes, a recreational league program at Victorium. This way, not only do the athletes get amazing club coaching, but they also get to play in a recreational league!
Academy is designed for those that are new to volleyball. We practice twice a week for 1.5 hours each for a total of 3 hours. The key to getting better at the game of volleyball is having more court time and getting great coaching - Academy does both! All Academy coaches are borrowed straight from our Ignite club teams. Whereas most rec teams are coached by parents with little to no knowledge of the game, Academy provides top notch club coaches with years of experience! It's the best option out there for a very economical price!
Geared towards beginners and powered by the fantastic coaches at Ignite Volleyball Club. Our science-backed coaching process ensures that each athlete is learning the game based on proven principles and methods.
Game and practices are located at Victorium.
9219 E Hidden Spur Trail, Scottsdale, AZ 85255
AZ Spikes games start August 25th, 2018
This program is geared towards making sure your daughter gets better at the game they love.
How are we different than a traditional league?
- Practices are twice a week for 2 hours each - 4 total hours (more than any league experience). More time on court equals learning the skills faster
- Trained by our club coaches with the same drills as our club athletes, learning the game the way it was meant to be played.
- A focus on active, game-like drills that enable more engagement/touches versus standing in line waiting for their turn. A fast-paced, energetic program!
- Scrimmages are half-court, 3v3 or 4v4 games played to 15 to encourage control and lots of touches. We do not coach the girls to win the game by passing the ball over on the first hit in order for the other team to make a mistake. We focus on 3 touches (pass, set, hit) so that they learn the game the right way!
- Beginners: Any age up to 14 years old with little to no formal experience (AZ Spikes is 9U and 13U)
- Intermediate: Ages 10-14 with some experience, but need more development of skills
- First half of the session will focus on development of skills and game-like reps
- Last half will be a mix of development and scrimmages
- Practices will be during the week, leaving weekends for family time!
- AZ Spikes Game Jersey
- Enrollment in current season of AZ Spikes
The cost for this program is $225, which includes lots of court time, club level coaching and a focus on helping your daughter learn the game based on scientifically proven methods and principles. It also includes the current season of AZ Spikes, an AZ Spikes jersey and games on Saturdays.